Hello and welcome! My name is Rachelle and I am the person behind Lyrical Junk.
I have never considered myself to be good at art. I was never too fond of art class at school and any of my attempts at drawing, painting, or any other “traditional” forms of art, leave much to be desired.
However, I have always been a creative person.
From playing musical instruments, to my wannabe-chef life, to rediscovering my love of textile arts such as crochet and cross stitch, my creative journey is constantly growing. I am always learning and trying new things, starting yet another project, or designing something new which adds to my increasingly impossible-to-get-through WIP pile!
I started Lyrical Junk in 2016 as a place to showcase some of this creativity. Things can get a bit nerdy around here sometimes, and other times they can be pensive and introspective, or punny and slightly weird! I hope you enjoy following me as I transform my creativity from an idea to something tangible!
Some random facts about me:
- I have two cats and a dog
- I travel around in a van with my husband and our pets
- I am a bit of a foodie and love cooking and trying new things in the kitchen as well as exploring new food in different cities
- I am obsessed with craft beer and love going to breweries to try new brews
- I drink a lot of tea
- I enjoy playing video games, although my video game WIP pile is starting to look a lot like my craft WIP pile!